According to researchers, the world can be very toxic, and Ayurveda can help you maintain good health and stay relaxed. You can even do some of these treatments at home and see the results in a short period of time.
1. Do a special Ayurveda self-massage.
There is one procedure called Abhyanga, an expression of self-love that you provide through special self-massage from head to toe with warm oil. It’s a daily practice that restores the balance inside of you and includes well-being and longevity.
For different types of bodies, you need different oil:
- For a slim body, use sesame oil — do self-massage with it 4-5 times a week.
- For a thick-boned body, use safflower oil — do self-massage with it 1-2 times a week.
- For an athletic body, use coconut oil — self-massage with it 3-4 times a week. Start massaging your head and slowly moving down, finishing with your feet.
2. Do oil pulling for the teeth.
Oil pulling is a morning practice for oral hygiene that helps remove microbes from the gums and teeth. Also, it provides alleviating effects for mouth ulcers and exercises the muscles of the mouth.
Use sesame or coconut oil. Rinse it in the mouth for 15-20 minutes, then spit it out.
3. Chew on a special stick for oral hygiene.
Ayurveda suggests using herbal brushes and chewing special sticks in the morning and after every meal to prevent diseases. You can purchase such sticks online. Just crush one end of the stick, chew it, and eat it slowly.
4. Eat tulsi leaves in the morning.
Tulsi is known as “the queen of herbs” in Ayurveda. The leaves help improve an individual’s ability to fight against the common cold and improve immunity because they boost the production of antibodies that prevent infection.
Chew 4-5 tulsi leaves in the morning.
5. Use sesame oil to slow down hair graying.
Use coconut and sesame oil to massage your head, as it nourishes your roots and scalp. Ayurveda suggests that it will help prevent the scalp’s heating up and graying hair. It also relaxes your nerve endings and supports hair follicles, making your hair and scalp happy.
6. Use a soap-free body cleanser.
Many things can cause skin dryness — even shower gels can do this. An Ayurvedic soap-free skin cleanser may be your solution, and you can find it online. It contains oatmeal as one of its key ingredients. You can also make a paste from oatmeal and use it as a scrub to wash your body instead of regular shower gel.
Which home treatment would you try? What do you practice to help your mind and body?
Bright Side/Curiosities/6 Indian Procedures to Do at Home to Help You Maintain Beauty and Youth